"The International No Diet Day (INDD) is an annual celebration of body acceptance and body shape diversity. This day is also dedicated to raise awareness of the dangers in diets.
"There are several goals to the INDD:
- Doubt the idea of one "right" body shape.
- Raise awareness to weight discrimination, size bias and fatphobia.
- Declare a free day from diets and obsessions to body weight.
- Present the facts about the diet industry, emphasizing the inefficacy of commercial diets.
- Show how diets perpetuate violence against women.
- Honor the victims of eating disorders and weight-loss surgeries."
What a fabulous holiday!! I think I'll try to figure out some way to celebrate it this evening. Maybe mindfully eating a really good meal, or walking a little bit (not so much it hurts, but mindfully/joyfully moving my body...)?