Sunday, April 15, 2018

Crowdsourcing a great podcast name

Crossposted from my personal FB page:

I suck at catchy names. I'm dreaming about the podcast I hope to start someday, and I need a name to hook the dreaming to.
I'm envisioning a roleplaying game actual play podcast with a gender-diverse cast, leaning toward maybe female and NB only? (Not sure yet, depends on who I find that's as excited about this as me and willing to jump in and commit. I feel like it's too early to rule out anything since this is just in the rattling-around-in-my-head stage. I might find a man I decide would be an asset. He would have to be deeply feminist, anti-racist, anti-ableist, fat libber, LGBTQ+ affirming, etc, of course; non-cis and/or non-het would be preferred.)
I'd also like to make it diverse on other axes but I also don't want to tokenize. Discussions on this front most welcome, but maybe on a different thread since I started this asking for name help? Or maybe here. Whatever people want to do.
As for the RPG side... We would most likely start with D&D 5E since D&D is the most well-known system and 5E is the most accessible edition for me. But the name should be general enough that we have freedom to explore other systems and worlds.
Ultimately, it's a podcast about using roleplaying and group storytelling to envision worlds and stories that are intersectional on every axis, not just the same old fantasy trope status quo.
Some keywords/concepts that the title might use or imply...
dice
roll
natural 20
critical hit
critical miss
genderqueer
gender diverse
intersectional
tabletop
gaming
geeks
fantasy
characters
story
storytelling
podcast
microphone
not your dad's D&D
questioning tropes
utopian
envision
feminist
post-dudebro-D&D
"the future is female" / "the future is intersectional"
maybe something that makes a great acronym?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete